Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Union Jack Love


Union Jack Love, originally uploaded by threedancingmagpies.

Max and I have started to make plans for updating his room a bit. He spent a lot of time in England when he was a toddler and our friends from GB visit a lot. They have given him large fatboy like posters which we have framed with the various soccer clubs in the colors of primarily red and red,white and blue. He is now playing soccer year round and thought doing his room in the colors of red, white and blue would be cool. In addition to the soccer stuff, we both love the Union Jack. He is also a HUGE Red Sox fan, so some baseball stuff and Red Sox garb will all work great together.

I have bought this pattern and think it might be time to bust it out. I also picked up some of the Liberty Boxers at Target and think a pillow like #19 would rock. The idea of painting a Union Jack on a piece of wood and hanging it up above the bed is something I think is going to happen! The inspiration is spinning around my head . . .

First things first, I think I need to finish the quilt I started with stars and some baseball fabrics and solids in Red, White and Blue. Then I can go from there. We have some England football jersey's to hang and can surely round up some Red Sox stuff. I think it is going to be a fun summer project to do together!

No comments:

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010