Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pillow Swap - The Sequel

Finished this up over the weekend, stuffed it and sent it on its way. Not sure why I have to wait until the FINAL days to get it in the mail, but yet again it happened. Swaps are so great for me in so many ways, but I think the best is getting me out of my comfort zone. I should probably practice on a project for my own family, but that never seems to happen. Pillow Swap IIClose-up of quilting and hexiesDSC_0005.JPGBack of pillow and piping The firsts on this swap are many. First zipper, using this awesome tutorial. Making and adding piping to the pillow. Hand stitching hexagons and then hand stitching them together! Finally I also made a Dresdan Plate for the first time, but have yet to actually quilt it and make it into a pillow. My original plan was to make three pillows and she which one my swap partner commented on. She actually didn't comment on either the hexies or the dresden plate, so I am hopefully it will be a total and happy surprise for her to get it in the mail. That is also why I have actually sent both this swap pillow and the last stuffed and also to make up for some of my first timer mistakes- I figure if they hate the pillow, they at least get a down pillow insert out of the swap! Pillow ready to ship! Needle BookInside of Needle Book I also am loving the little surprise needle book, I made and sent along. It is a super simple yet fun little project. The first one I made was at my LQS during the end of the month, Mystery Project. This has been a ton of fun and if you are in the area and have the last Friday of the month open for a couple hours in the afternoon, check it out. You leave with a finished item and it is a fun group of women! Big Thanks to Heather, Kerri and Tasha for hosting another fabulous swap! Can't wait to see what I get in the mail, stay tuned! There are so many fabulous pillows, check them out here!

4 comments:

janssen designs said...

gorgeous pillow Kirsten!

Megan said...

I LOVE the pillow and who wouldn't? It's gorgeous. I also can't seem to get anything in the mail until the deadline, use swaps to experiment with new techniques and this was my first zipper too!

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE To get this pillow Girl! She will love it! I love that piping fabric :)

Hope you are well

Jill said...

Wow that cushion is fantastic - wish I was your swap partner! You have done such a beautiful job of it.

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010