Sunday, March 21, 2010

Potholder Pass II - Ready to ship

Potholder Pass II - Ready to Send
Hope you like them partner . . . I must say I had fun making them and really wished I had made a set for us! Also everytime I look at them I am realizing I LOVE Hope Valley in this colorway.
Potholder Pass 2
Here are the Potholders. I would love to link to the quilt where I was inspired to raw edge applique the squares, but it has been removed from flickr and I can't remember the blog . . . oops! They were fun to make! Then the plastic grommets are from my favorite quilt shop, KC Custom Fabrics. They come in great colors and are easy to use!
Patchwork Dish Towels
Then with the extra inch and a half strips, I decided to make a couple of dish towels for my partner to round out the package. I loved using long patchwork strips and then topstitching. In the past when I have made these, I used a bunch of scraps, I actually love the way these strips look and will make some more for sure!
This swap was a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what we get in the mail!
Ellie's birthday is coming up and here is a sneak peak of what I am working on. Next up is a matching dress for the doll she will be getting.
Freida Dress
DSC_0006.JPGDSC_0009.JPG

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OMGOSH... Look at your beautiful daughter in that fabulous dress!!! and then you throw in a little eye candy when the potholders??? just terrific!!

xo, heather

Becky said...

Wow, that dress is awesome, Ellie looks wonderful!
The potholders and towels are glorious also, what a happy partner you'll have! :D I've nearly finished mine too, just have the hand sewn part of the binding and loops to finish!

Mary said...

Oh my goodness, that colored grommet is the perfect finishing touch. Your potholders are GORGEOUS!!

lindaschiffer said...

As one delighted recipient, mucho thanks for the goodies!

What a CUTE little girlie! :)

Linda

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010