Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Day of Stopping and Starting, ending with finding my creative mojo.

Do you ever feel like some days you have it and some days you don't?  Today was one of those days.  Start- stop- start -stop.  I had lunch with some friends who gave me a tutorial on tweeter, marketing and promotion in this on-line world and I was feeling great.  Then a sales call that wasn't quite what I had hoped for.  That one little question mark in my day threw me for a loop.  
Thursday afternoon/early evenings are a favorite as I get together with some friends and enjoy my new obsession, sewing.  Again, I just couldn't get into the creative zone.  We actually were all feeling a lull tonight.  I did have fun experimenting with elastic thread and making a mock try at sun dress.  I think I will be able to crank one out quickly if I find the time to sew this weekend. I did come home to the family feeling relaxed and happy after just spending time in the presence of my creative friends.  The kids were happy to see me and it felt great to be back with them.  I realized how we all need a little time to just be and sometimes those stops or lulls in your day can help your starts be a lot more productive.
After everyone was tucked away for the night, I snuck down into the studio, pulled out my diamond glaze and was on FIRE glazing scrabble tiles.   It felt great to make a dent in the backlog of tiles in need of completion.  I filled our supply orders and even cleaned the house a bit.  It was great to end the day with that burst of ON and ACCOMPLISHMENT.  

No comments:

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010