Friday, April 10, 2009

Circus Quilt Pinks/Purple Top and Back done!

Can't wait to finish this one.  I really wish I would have waited to make my own kids quilts until I had been sewing a little more.  I am loving the recent quilts and it is so hard to give them up, when the quilts I wrap my own children in shout "learning curve"!  This is either for my mother to open at my sister's shower or for my sister.  One way or another my soon to be niece will be rolling and playing on it.
This is the back.  I love doing stripped backs, but really thought the circus fabric was too fun to just show a little of.  Also LOVE the purple polka dots!
Really enjoyed doing this block and the fussy cuts, I think I will try and create the baseball quilt my oldest wants using lots of white space, red, blue and the occasional baseball print.  I really don't want to use novelty fabric, but have the long arm quilting with a baseball theme, hope for it to be subtle.  Anyway this type of block will appear for sure.
Any thoughts on which fabric to use as the binding?  Maybe a combo of a few?  Will probably wait until the quilting is done and then hopefully it will come to me and I will have enough to actually create binding with!  Just now as I look at the photo I am throwing out my first thoughts of the multi-colored stripe, or the pink batik dots for the white fabric with the multi-colored polka dots.  It is an awful lot of color and perhaps the white might give your eye a rest.  hmmmm . . . 
I am just happy that it will probably be done and mailed in time for the shower.  I feel bad that we live so far away and I can't be with my sister and family in Seattle to share this event.  She was with my husband and mom for my delivery of our oldest (and came right after the adoptions of both babies), it is just so hard to travel with three kids and then take care of them while traveling and waiting for Taylor to arrive.  We have to figure a way to Seattle this summer, or I think I will lose it - I miss family and the Northwest way too much!
Off to a neighbors for a beer and a bonfire!

No comments:

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010