Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dream Saturday Night - Warm fire, hot cocoa, my peeps and a finished swap and some hexies

Potholder Pass
I love when I finish a swap, I know it is meant to be all good fun but for me it is stressful! As time goes on and I am sewing more and more, I have more confidence in my sewing skills. That being said, it still makes me nervous. Will they like what I made, is it too much, not enough, or just right? This one I LOVE and I am hoping my partner likes it too. I really like the little extra tea towel made with the scraps.
Fun Dish Towel with the Scraps
Made an extra towel for us
Potholder Pass Finished
Front of both, trying to hide the crazy quilting on the wonky star! Sorry partner I tried to be clever, but the quilting got away from me!
We made a fire tonight, Ellie and Sam are really into fire. To be honest we felt left out of the storm here in the Southern Adirondacks! We should be snowed in at least once this winter! So we pretended we were snowed in and without power! (after dinner of course) Steve made a fire, some hot cocoa with the gas burner on the stove (we are lucky whenever the power does go off, the gas always works!) and turned off all other electronics. (which of course made Max a little mad at first, but he got into the book and games and all was forgotten) The kids stood in front of it and warmed their bums and then kept holding their hands up to get them "snugglie warm". It was a great little family night!
Playing around with hexagonsWarm BumsRiding the RodyMax cuddled up with . . . a DSWarming of the bunsTrouble times two
This is what my family was doing, which was perfect for me to get to some hand stitching I needed to get done. I am still having too much fun with hexagons and I even stitched a few together. This chair is comfy, has a light by it and was next to the fire!
My seat by the fire
Off to the waterpark for a birthday party and then to the neighbors for a super bowl gathering! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and if you live in the path of the snow storms, please know in Upstate NY where we should be getting a big storm or two, we are jealous! So tuck in with a good book, sit by the fire and enjoy the view.

5 comments:

Becky said...

What an awesome night you had! Loooove the potholders and tea towel, the fabrics are lovely! ♥

Unknown said...

Okay I seriously almost pee-d myself when I saw those pot holders!!! They are toooo fabulous Kirsten!! I'm in love and I may need to be your copy cat! :)

XO, Heather

Diane said...

What a great idea for the dishtowels! I have strips of fabric I love but not enough to do anything....or so i thought!!!! Yipie! What a great idea.

Trisha said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful potholders and towel! I Love Them! For not having any hints about what I wanted you got it 100% right!

Thanks again!

Three Dancing Magpies said...

Trisha- So glad you like them! It was hard with nothing to go on! You have all kinds of colors and various fabrics on your blog! Your writing style is so fun, I thought fun and to be honest that is how I picked fabrics! Sorry the quilting is a bit crazy on the wonky star . . .

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010