Friday, September 24, 2010

Falling into line

This week we finally got into the groove. Ellie and Sam had their first full week of activities and pre-school and Max is going strong. All three of them are busy, which in turn keeps me crazy busy. I am thinking about picking up my needles and making some hats and gloves for the kids, since I find my time sitting at their activities a lot and could be moving my hands! Also I just ordered the sequel to my favorite knitting book, Last Minute Handmade Gifts, from Purl. I thought it was a signed copy, but sadly it wasn't. It did allow me to order some of the new embrodery thread Purl is carrying! Super excited to make a few things from the new book!
all time fav knitting book!
new book!
The little kids had a very happy week and one day were so in the zone I had to take some photos. I love when they are being nice to each other . . .
after pick-up on their first full day of Skidmore College pre-school - Sept 2010
Ellie put this little number together herself, minus the coat and I couldn't get over how cute she looked (I know I am a bit biased) but how fun when things you pick up from different stores and even from different years, come together to a fun outfit! The dress I bought when she was an infant at a going out of business sale and held onto it for three years, together with tights bought on a whim due to a love of stripes and then her new school shoes and coat . . . together so fun!
The Savvy Seasons swap has been keeping me busy. I get so crazed with finishing the swaps so I can not have to worry . . . that I don't get any other sewing done. So I am trying to finish it up this week. A great week with new TV shows to sit and stitch binding. This week I quilted a bit each night, then made the scrappy binding strips and last night started to hand stitch the binding. I have a night or two left and it will be done! I LOVE the Bliss line and am thrilled at how this is coming out. I took it with me to KC Fabrics last night for our Thirsty Thursday stitching night and my peeps have me really wanting to keep it! I always promise that I will make the same item for us . . . and this time I mean it (unless of course I get one from my swap partner!) Here is a quick peek of how it is looking.
Also so excited to get some Heather Ross prints that Amber and I ordered from Spoonflower in the Sateen. I am thrilled we choose to go for it, the prints look wonderful!
Okay off to help in Max's class . . . we are making applesauce.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Don't you just love Bliss? At first I thought it was a little too "old fashioned" but I got some anyways to make a quilt for my mom's birthday, but now I love it! Your partner is going to love that skirt! And I really wish my group would've ordered the sateen too - oh well, next time.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nova said...

Love the sneak peek!
Can't wait to see what you get up to with that macaroni love - it's soooo cute.
x
ps I want an outfit just like Ellie's! adorable - the girls got style ;) x

chris baker said...

I stumbled across the pictures of your babies on flickr and just had to tell you how absolutely adorable they are!! I especially love the one of your daughter giving her brother a big hug. So endearing. It put a smile on my face and made me wanna break out the camera and take some new photos of my babies (which really aren't babies anymore).

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010