Sunday, September 13, 2009

Block for Munki Quilt Along or Twist to HR Mini Swap?

After a busy morning of soccer, errands, a walk and just the everyday Saturday stuff . . . the little ones took a nap, Steve packed for his business trips this week and Max was tired from playing such AWESOME soccer, so he curled up with a book AND I got to SEW! Mainly cut and iron, but a little sewing did get done.

The center blocks are from a piece of a pair of PJ's I swapped fabric for. Designed by Heather Ross for the Munki Munki clothing line. This particular print is called Coke Travelers, how wonderful are those images? I made this for the gift or twist to the mini quilt swap, but I think I will be making another one, I love how this came out.

Now for the big question, what shall I twist this into for my wonderful swap partner? I was thinking perhaps a pillow. I could quilt it in simple lines and then perhaps just make a simple pillow sleeve. Maybe add some buttons, perhaps cover buttons with more of the Coke Traveler images. Now to see what fabric for the back. Maybe I could make some cording . . . I could just make it into another little quilt . . . it is a little big for a pot holder . . . I think I am leaning towards the pillow option. Maybe with the aqua and red dot Bubblegum basic fabric as the cording and the blue basketweave KJR as the back.

Can't wait until nap time today!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

so cute! I can't even stand it. I am so glad that you got some me time! Hope things are going well with the hubster being gone. call me sometime!

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010