Sunday, July 19, 2009

A little weekend sewing and fairytales

A couple more sundresses from Weekend Sewing. All you need is a little elastic thread, a yard of fabric and about an hour. What fun these are to make. I taught a class on Friday and the dress came out great, it will make a three year old very happy. On that dress a Tina Givens panel was used and it looked fabulous. I have made this dress for Ellie from Heather Ross's Far Far Away prints and loved the drape of the double cotton gauze I had to make one for my nieces. Zella just turned four and is into everything pink, sparkly and girly. The Princess and the Pea fabric is PERFECT for her, perhaps with a pair of pink chucks! Rosie will turn two at the end of the month and looks great in blue, so the blue unicorn print was the perfect choice. I will ship them out in a couple of days for the family party for both girls next weekend in Seattle. We wish we could be with them, but all three of our kids tried on the dresses! Far Far Away Dresses for Zella and RosieDresses to send to SeattleFor Zella - Princess and the PeaRosie's 2nd BirthdaySam wanted in on the photo session If you are in Saratoga Springs and have a couple hours and a yard of fabric, I will be teaching this class a couple of more times, including Monday am @ 10:30. Check out the class schedule at KC. Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

Georgine said...

Every time you post one of these "smocked" dresses, it kills me. I couldn't get it to work properly. I plan to try again, especially after seeing the princess and the pea fabric. Just gorgeous. Those two little girls will be thrilled!

liz @ longview builders said...

These dresses are adorable. Don't yopu just love that elastic thread, it is kind of fun! How did your pillow come out? I can't wait to see it. Thanks for your flickr comment, that was so sweet! Have a great weekend!

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010