Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Urban Home Goods Time . . .

In coming up with a mosaic and filling out the form to join the latest round of the Urban Home Goods Swap, I realized a couple of things:
1. My likes and ideas are all over the map.
2. I am not sure if I had myself as a partner that all the colors, ideas and random thoughts would help me to pick an item or two to make.
So partner if you are reading this . . . I love swaps when I am given so many ideas that I usually find one or two that really excite me. Also I find it hard when someone is too specific or gives you one fabric line, etc. I feel compelled to make what they want and go and buy the exact fabric they want in order to please them. I am not that person. I really want someone to make something for me, that is fun for them to make. So really I would like ANYTHING and I pretty much like ANY fabric. Okay, that being said . . . here is a mosaic of some things I like and some of the past mosaics. I also included a bit of a history of this swap so I would have it all in one place. Thanks in advance for spending your time making something for me!
Here are my inspiration mosaics from the first two swaps:
Round Two
First Round
This has been such a fun swap. Here are some of the items I have received . . .
sewing machine cover received from Lisa, lpinette
Received from Colette at The Threaded Nest
Tablerunner in red and aqua, clutch I have used everyday since I got it and really need to replace it has gotten that much use! and a initial iphone case which has also got too much use and is almost threadbare!
I have also had tons of fun making stuff for this swap. The first time around I made some placemats and a grocery tote for Leslie of lesleyandsara.
The second time around, I made items for Nova and had a lot of fun creating for her. Her is what I came up with.
Here is a blog post written for my partner before round 2.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Look at all yummy items! Thanks for including mine :D Have fun swapping!

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010