Sunday, October 17, 2010

Short and Sweet

Three weeks into my cast on arm induced blogging, sewing and creative break . . . missing everyone! Since I am typing with one finger, I will keep this short . . . here is what I was able to finish with the help of my kids and a friend . . .
Tree skirt for the Savvy Seasons swap using the new Moda Bliss. It is a great line and a understated take on the holidays . . . my partner suggested she would love this for holiday decor and I think it will be right up her alley. I plan to use this fabric on some upcoming projects myself.
I had plans to make a bunch of little items and had an stitching project half done . . . so switching gears I decided to let the fabrics help me make a bold statement and I must say I love the outcome . . . I hope my partner will like it, with little kids in her life I think it will be great. My kids wanted to keep it and love all things holiday.
I even cut into my favorite Shinzi Katoh holiday prints . . .
I will have to write a much longer post about how much I have come to appreciate on-line friends both new and old. Two great swap packages came my way in the last couple weeks.
A mug rug and fun goodies from Sue -
How can someone read your blog and look at your flickr photos and just know what you will love. This is such a fun and perfect mug rug for me! The stitching is fab and the whole thing is so fun! Thanks again Sue!
Then I was lucky to matched with a online friend who has been so wonderful to get to know over the last year. She was partnered with me and was supposed to make a couple of potholders . . . well lets just say the potholders brought friends! LOOK at this package, I am still fondling everything and making sure no one spills on the potholder or coasters!
Thanks Linda, I am crazy for everything and just LOVE the farmdale prints!
Okay I want to try and add links to this, but I am off to take a pain killer . . . perhaps trying this wasn't such a great idea, just wanted to say thanks and I am still around and miss everyone!
Have a great rest of October! We are getting ready for a visit from some dear friends from the UK and then my college roomate and her son. It will be fun having guests the rest of the month, I love a full house!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh dear when it rains it pours - I had no idea you had an injury! I was actually wondering where you've been! I hope you take this time to just relax and take care of yourself, (easier said than done with a bunch of people to take care of!) and then you can attack crafting with a renewed energy. Heal Up soon!

Unknown said...

aaak! i wondered where you have been... ;( i thought you finally got sick of me! haha...

i do hope your feeling better super quick! it's not the same with outcha :)

xo

Sewing Geek said...

OH I have been there. I had surgery on my right hand once, tendon surgery. When they were finished, I was shocked to see not only a cast on my right arm, up to my knuckles, but my thumb was cast into a permanent hitch-hiker position! For 6 weeks. I re-learned to type with finger tips only and no thumb. I'll never forget that, makes you appreciate small things, doesn't it?

Sewing Geek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010