Friday, April 3, 2009

Fun Sewing Night with the Girls and Finished Projects to Show

I really love Thursday nights . . . it is the night I get together each week with some fun and creative woman at our local quilt shop, KC Custom Fabrics.  We chat, sew, sometimes enjoy an adult beverage and most of all we laugh.  Out loud, until you cry laughs.  Last night was really the trifecta of fun for me - I finished a few projects and got stuff done, enjoyed my new favorite beverage (Mike's Hard Light Cranberry Lemonaide) and most of all enjoyed hearing about everyone's week.  It is such an inspiring group of creative and fun woman.  I have become obsessed with sewing.  I have so many projects in the q I am amazed my children get feed and anything else is done.  If I could I would just sew.  
Last started a pillowcase dress for Ellie and finished it before leaving the shop!  Ellie is two on Saturday and I have been working on a quilted machine appliqued banner for weeks.  The final stitches were sewn on the binding!  It really is cute and I hope she will look back at pictures years from now and connect them with the quilt she will hopefully still have.  It was really a fun project, I am hooked on machine applique. . . I find myself looking for new projects.  Then I put the BSR on my machine and went nuts with the quilting.  It is a little wild, but I love it and I loved doing it.  I hope when Ellie looks at it years from now she will see her mother's wild side!
It is going to be the only decoration besides balloons at her party on Sunday- should be fun.
Then with the time left, I decided to start to quilt some fabric for a bag I hope to make.  I love quilting with the BSR, but must admit quilting in a cross hatch pattern with the machine at full speed is a close second! I hope it turns out because this print is quickly becoming a favorite, Amy Butler Deco Rose from the Daisy Chain line in the brown and pink - LOVE IT.

No comments:

Design by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright © 2010